Monday, January 12, 2009

What would you do?

Here is my problem ,if you don't know we made the move to Cullman in November and after Christmas break Riley started his new school. So now here is the problem we went from a teacher who compared to Mary Poppins and to the witch from Wizard of Oz! I swear I am tough on my boys but I can not begin to understand why she is a Kindergarten teacher. I want my child to learn and grow as an individual and to love everyone but when he is uncomfortable and doesn't want to attend school now what do you think. So I made the call and spoke with the teacher and she asked for us to meet with her after school. Well Scott and I both went and met with the teacher ,she assured us that he was making friends and doing fine. Yet her whole attitude towards me was condescending saying well you know its only been 5 days of school and telling me to give it time. I know it takes time but when a kid doesn't want to go and before he never wanted to miss a day, what do you do. So now I find out they are on a totally different reading program which is another problem now he is learning a different method and program. Pray I will have the strength and knowledge to help my son over these hurtles and make the right decision on what path to take. Tomorrow I start the gym and start to regain my stength and my own time as a mother of three its hard not to loose yourself.

5 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

I hope things are improving with school..this is such a tough situation.

Hugs to you..

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I know this feeling all too well. My oldest (in Kindergarten) has had four teachers (3 of them extended time substitutes) this year. It has been a rough transition with each one. We're finally on our last substitute until his original teacher returns to work (whom we love dearly - our Mary Poppins).

Even at the beginning of the school year with our Mary Poppins, there was about about a two month transition and it included days of begging not to go to school.

I really don't have much advice, except to say that I'm struggling right along with you. {hugs}

Best of luck!!

Meagan said...

thanks so much girls its seems to be a little better, but I'll keep you posted..How are you girls?

Super B's Mom said...

I'm doing better, thanks for asking. I appreciate your prayers for my surgery! I go back to work tomorrow. I pray that I'm able to manage ok.

How are things going at the gym? I need to start back to the gym - just to have a way to "clear my head" and vent some of my frustration. It's a lot better for me to take my anger out on the treadmill than on one of my co-workers..haha

Meagan said...

the gym is going great, very good for the stress level....lol i feel like a nice peppy person when i go now...

Blog Archive